Monday, May 16, 2011

Making good metal into Scrap

Sunday was a bad build day for me.  I completed the seat rib assembly but did not want to attach it to the main bulkhead as I still have some rivets to pull when I get a new rivet puller.  I went on with the forward bulkhead on pages 21-10. I started with countersinking the control column mount.  I marked them so that I would drill the right side.  But, by the time I had completed the 3rd unit, I realized I had marked the wrong side and just created 3 scrap pieces.  Then I went on to counter sink the bulkhead.  This time I confirmed that I had the correct side.  I reached up to grab one of my brand new scrap pieces so that I could set the counter sink cage.  All went well until I realized that I had grabbed the spar support bracket and I just created my 4th piece of scrap.  I went to drill out the 7/16th holes in the bulkhead and without going into detail, let’s just say that I made my last piece of scrap metal for the day.  I was done until next week end.
Lots of Scrap.......

No comments:

Post a Comment