Sunday, January 23, 2011

Continuing on with the Stabilator

Continuing on with the Stabilator, I read several build logs out there and discovered what I needed to do to get the control horn in.  Unlike other back nut holes, this one did not come pre drilled.  You are expected to bolt in the back nut and drill out and counter sink the proper holes.  No problem but not clear in the instructions.
I then went on to mount the counter weight.  The instructions are much more clear here.  Match drill the brackets and then turn them 90 degrees.  Install the counterweight pole and match drill these holes.  Everything went smooth.





After I had everything drilled and counter sunk, it was a matter of riveting everything up.  I am getting much better at the squeeze rivets.







Finally I riveted on all the ribs and bolted on the hinge brackets.  All is ready for putting on the skins
When I did the hinges for the anti servo, I went ahead and drilled out the hinges for the back of the Stabilator.  If I would have read ahead I would not have used the wrong side of the drill template.  I had to order a new hinge from Vans.  That’s where I will start next week-end


No comments:

Post a Comment